Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Interview: John Scalzi, Author of The Last Colony

In an interview with January Magazine contributing editor James R. Winter, award-winning author John Scalzi talks about the Hugo Awards, his accidental career as a novelist, “gateway” science fiction and the nature of fame. Says Scalzi:
Fame in a literary genre is not comparable to actual, genuine fame, the sort where you can’t go to the grocery store without people staring. In order to get any sort of attention, I have to go somewhere where science-fiction fans hang out, like a convention. I get a couple of days of people being happy I’m around, and then I go back home. It’s single-serving-size fame, basically. I think that’s doable; I’m not sure I’d want to be any more “famous” than that.
The full interview is here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.