Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yet Another Reason to Go On Living

From Critical Mass, the blog of the National Book Critics Circle Board of Directors, comes word that Ross King (The Judgment of Paris, Michelangelo and the Pope’s Ceiling) is hard at work on another book on the never-exhausted subject (at least for me) of artists. King tells us his next major project is, “a study of Leonardo da Vinci’s last years in Milan – his paintings, inventions and writings. I’m a bit superstitious about saying more at this early stage, but it’ll be published by Walker & Co., who have done such a wonderful job with my previous books.”

To further drive away any idle time, King will also be curating an exhibit of Canadian post- impressionist painters, the Group of Seven, at the McMichael Canadian Art Collection, near Toronto.

King, who has also published two works of historical crime fiction, Ex Libris and Domino, goes on to say, “I’m looking forward to my researches taking me everywhere from the churches and cafes of Milan to the lakes and forests of northern Canada. But I suspect I’ll also be spending a lot of time sweating over my computer back at home as I try to meet my various deadlines.”

Great news, indeed. Read the brief encounter here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.